We will be using the Remo networking platform for our 2021 virtual conference. Remo allows you to gather in a virtual setting and move among tables to connect with others. You can learn more about it here.
To enhance your experience, we ask that you review the quick tips and tricks below. Please register and set up your account in Remo prior to the event start time (click “save me a spot” on the event registration page and enter your email address to get started!).
After you have created your account, click on the circle icon with your initial in the top right corner of the page to update your profile. From here, you can easily add your LinkedIn profile, business Facebook page and create an e-business card. This will make it much easier for other attendees to connect. Setting up your profile takes just a couple of minutes. And be sure to add a profile picture as it helps people find you on the event floor!
To enhance your experience, we ask that you review these quick tips and tricks:
Before the Event:
- Before the event, copy and paste the event link into your browser and bookmark the event page or save the event link somewhere you can easily access it later.
- The preferred browser is Chrome. Make sure you are using the latest version. You can also use Firefox. Do NOT use Internet Explorer.
- The faster your internet connection is, the better your experience will be with Remo. If you can, use an internet connection of 11 Mbps or faster .
- It is highly recommended that you use a desktop/laptop to attend our event. Please note that Remo does NOT work with an iPad; but it will work on an iPhone or Android (the mobile version is still in beta). If attending on your phone, we recommend connecting to WiFi. More information on using Remo on your phone here.
- Best practice is to do a full reboot of your system prior to logging in and close all applications and windows for best results.
- You will not be able to use your microphone or camera if they are in use somewhere else on your device–so be sure you don’t have a Zoom call open at the same time on the same device when you are participating in our event on Remo.
- You must have audio AND video to participate in the networking portion of the event.
- You will not be able to log into Remo over your closed VPN.
- When joining the event, a page will appear asking you to make sure that you have given Remo permission to access your camera and your microphone. You may need to scroll down the screen slightly to see the button to click. You may also see a pop up from Chrome at the top left of your screen asking to give permission to Remo to access your camera and microphone.
During the Event:
- When you enter a networking event, you will be seated at a random “table” on the “event floor”. Double click on another table to move to it if you see an open “seat” at that table. Our larger events may have multiple floors. To move to a different “floor”, use the numbered buttons located on the left side of your screen.
- Your table will have a private table chat box and you will also be able to use a whiteboard at your table and share your screen with your table as well (Mac users sharing their screen should allow Chrome to record their screen in order to be able to share their screen in Remo. More information can be found here.)
- If you are not able to see the entire event floor, you may need to zoom out. You can do this by using the scroll button on your mouse (if you have one) or by going to your browser’s view settings. You can also zoom in to get a closer view of something or click and drag the screen to move it around.
- When in “presentation mode” during an event, all attendees will be muted and cameras will be off. You will be able to see and hear the presenters on the “stage” and communicate with attendees using the chat feature. You can use the general chat that is visible to everyone or chat with someone privately if you prefer.
- If you have a question during the presentation, please use the “Q&A” feature located next to the “participants” tab and ask it there. You can up vote other attendees’ questions by clicking the up arrow next to the question. Up voting questions ensures that we have time to answer the questions that are relevant to most attendees in the event that we are not able to get to all of them.
Checklist Before Attending a Remo Event
How to Connect with Guests During a Remo Event
Common Issues with Screen Sharing
Microphone or Camera Troubleshooting
Technical Requirements for Using Remo
If you are having trouble using Remo during one of our virtual events, please call the RPOA office for assistance at (616) 454-3385 or email our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.