The Best Solution for Landlords & Real Estate Investors in Michigan
RPOA Mission Statement:
The RPOA/REI is a nonprofit business association whose mission is to support and facilitate its members’ success in ethical real estate investment and rental property management through leadership.
Who Should Be A Member?
Whether you’re a buy and hold investor, do some other type of real estate investing or are a business that services the real estate industry, you owe it to yourself to join the Rental Property Owners Association (RPOA). We have been helping landlords and real estate investors succeed since 1968. Not only are we Michigan’s largest landlord and real estate investor association, but we are also one of the largest REIA’s in the country.
Anyone looking for a real estate investor association (REIA) or landlord association should consider joining, including:
- Property Managers
- Real Estate Investors
- Real Estate Salespersons and Brokers
- Buy & Hold Investors
- Businesses Who Have Customers from the List Above
Tangible Benefits & Services
The association provides a wide array of tangible benefits and services, including but not limited to:
- Free online leasing and real estate forms.
- Other forms and books for purchase, including eviction and small claims forms and books.
- Free tenant history database for Allegan, Kent, Muskegon, Ottawa and Kalamazoo Counties including eviction court records and member shared tenant data from over 1,300 members.
- Access to full credit report services including: FREE credit report services through ApplyConnect, and in-depth tenant screening services through RPOA’s partnership with Grand Slam Investigations.
- Free limited legal advice.
- Free technical assistance through the RPOA office.
- Contractor supplier list.
- Subscription to the Michigan Landlord magazine online.
- Huge discounts and rebates from local and national retailers, service providers and suppliers.
- Online knowledge base.
- Weekly e-newsletter on local, state and national issues impacting the industry.
- And more!
Membership Pays for Itself!
The RPOA membership literally pays for itself through discounts. Members save big at national and local retailers and service providers and can earn exclusive rebates, including:
- The Home Depot
- Sherwin Williams
- Jack’s Lawn Service & Snowplowing
- Farm Bureau
- Grand Rapids Carpet Cleaning
- Indoor Climate Solutions
- And More!
We offer several opportunities to network with other landlords and real estate investors.
- RPOA Annual Conference & Expo…The Largest Landlord-Real Estate Investor Conference in Michigan!
- Real Estate Investors Roundtable Weekly Networking Breakfast
- Short-Term and Vacation Rentals Meetup
- West Michigan REI Club Monthly Meeting
- Women’s Real Estate Investor Meetup
- Real Estate Investor Happy Hour
- Wholesaling Meetup
Live and Online Educational Courses
The association also provides over 20 courses on property management, real estate investing, buying and selling rental property and various other topics. Also many courses provide certification and/or continuing education (CE) credits. Courses include topics on:
- Buying & Selling Rental Property
- Self-Directed IRA’s
- Garnishments & Collections
- Seller Financing
- Lease & Contract Law
- Screening for Tenants
- Lead Safe Work Practices (RRP)
- Advanced Deal Assessment
- Appealing Property Tax Assessments
- Foundations of Buying, Leasing & Selling Rental Property
- And Much More!
Protecting the Interests of Landlords and Real Estate Investors
The RPOA also lobbies for the industry’s concerns on a local basis in Kent and Ottawa Counties and is a founding member of the Rental Property Owners Association of Michigan. More information here.
The association presently has over 1,300 members in Michigan and beyond. Join this powerful group of investors now and start taking advantage of all the great services, benefits and training. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest. Also be sure to like us on Facebook and join our Michigan Real Estate Investor Haves and Wants Forum Facebook group!
Testimonials from our Members
“The RPOA is a helpful and supportive group. My first experience with them occurred at the annual conference, which had hundreds of real estate folks and great information. After that, I was introduced to their discount program, the legal assistance, the contracts and forms, and the fantastic courses. Each of these elements have helped me, and were done very professionally. The staff is always ready to help, and are open to input. I recommend this group and their services highly.” – Brandon K.
“Great resource! This organization has helped make Grand Rapids great by educating and protecting landlords, thus creating a better experience for the citizens of West Michigan. I wouldn’t be able to have and keep such great tenants without your classes and professional network of people involved in real estate.” – Jake W.
“Thank you again for all you do. We are so impressed with your organization. The info you provide is useful and timely.” – Matthew B.
“Wonderful group of people working hard to educate local landlords and investors about current issues and help us stay updated on new laws and procedures. They also offer discounts to nearby businesses if you’re a member and they host several REI Meetups in Grand Rapids, facilitating networking and community among the rental owners here. Clay and his team are all friendly, professional and informative, this is a one stop shop for landlords new and old who need information!” – Hannah P.
- Promote a local and statewide business climate that is conducive to sustaining profitability and the effective management of real estate investments;
- Promote a positive image of the real estate investment industry;
- Encourage professionalism within the membership;
- Provide members with opportunities and services to enhance their skills and profitability.
Member of the National Real Estate Investors Association