The Best Solution for Landlords & Real Estate Investors in Michigan
Who Should Be A Member? Anyone looking for a REIA or landlord association, including:
- Property Managers
- Real Estate Investors
- Real Estate Salespersons
- Real Estate Brokers
- Buy & Hold Investors
- Businesses Who Have Customers from the List Above
Whether you own one rental property or hundreds or a business that services the industry, you owe it to yourself to join the Rental Property Owners Association (RPOA), located in West Michigan. We have been helping real estate investors since 1968. Not only are we the largest Michigan REIA, but we are also one of the largest REIA’s in the country.
Tangible Benefits & Services
The association provides a wide array of tangible benefits and services, including but not limited to:
- Free online leasing and real estate forms.
- Other forms and books for purchase, including eviction, small claims forms and books.
- Free Tenant History Database for Kent, Muskegon, Ottawa and Kalamazoo Counties including eviction court records and member shared tenant data.
- Access to full credit report services including: FREE credit report service through ApplyConnect, in-office [RPOA] credit report service, Tenant Screening Decision Reports and our Tenant History Database.
- Tenant screening Decision Report services.
- Free limited legal advice.
- Free technical assistance through RPOA office.
- Contractor Supplier List Subscription to Michigan Landlord magazine online or hardcopy.
Membership Pays for Itself!
The RPOA membership literally pays for itself through discounts. Members save big at national and local retailers and service providers and can earn exclusive rebates, including:
- The Home Depot
- Sherwin Williams
- Jack’s Lawn Service & Snowplowing
- Republic Services
- OfficeMax Workplace
- ProSource Wholesale Floorcoverings
- Farm Bureau
- Sun Rentals
- Grand Rapids Carpet Cleaning
- Indoor Climate Solutions
- And more!
Great Networking Events
We offer several opportunities to network with other landlords and real estate investors.
- West Michigan REI Club Monthly Meeting
- Real Estate Investors Roundtable Weekly Networking Breakfast
- RPOA Annual Conference & Expo…The Largest Landlord Conference in Michigan!
Lots of Education Online and Live
The association also provides over 15 courses on property management, real estate investing and buying and selling rental property, many courses providing certification and/or continuing education credits right here in West Michigan. Courses include topics on:
- Buying & Selling Rental Property
- Self-Directed IRA’s
- Garnishments & Collections
- Seller Financing
- Lease & Contract Law
- Screening for Tenants
- Lead Safe Work Practices (RRP)
- Advanced Deal Assessment
- Appealing Property Tax Assessments
- Foundations of Buying, Leasing & Selling Rental Property
- And Much More!
Protecting the Interest of Landlords and Real Estate Investors
The RPOA also lobbies for the industry’s concerns on a local basis in Kent and Ottawa Counties and is a founding member of the Rental Property Owners Association of Michigan. Look here for more…
The association presently has almost 1,400 members in Michigan and beyond. Join this powerful group of investors now and start taking advantage of all the great services, benefits and training. Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, like us on Facebook and join our Michigan Real Estate Investor Haves and Wants Forum Facebook group!
RPOA’s mission is to:
- Promote a local and statewide business climate that is conducive to sustaining profitability and the effective management of real estate investments;
- Promote a positive image of the real estate investment industry;
- Encourage professionalism within the membership;
- Provide members with opportunities and services to enhance their skills and profitability.
Member of the National Real Estate Investors Association