- This event has passed.
Lunch & Learn: Protect Your Rental Business from Penalties, Fines & Litigation Regarding Lead Hazards
May 14 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm| Free
Join us for a lunch and learn and find out how to avoid huge fines, penalties and litigation regarding lead-based paint hazards. You’ll learn what you must do and what you can’t do as a landlord and/or a contractor working on rental housing built before 1978. Not knowing could cost you thousands of dollars—or more.
Topics covered in the presentation include:
- Compliance with EPA & State lead-based paint disclosure laws.
- Compliance with Federal regulations regarding the EPA RRP (Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule) which all landlords must be in compliance with as of September 2010.
- Compliance with state and local laws regarding lead-based paint.
- Protecting your business from lead-based paint liability.
- Whether or not you should obtain lead inspections of your rentals.
- What’s the difference between abatement and interim controls—and, should you do either one?