Latest Update on the Eviction Diversion Program
The following is basic information for landlords and their tenants regarding Eviction Prevention/Diversion Process for Kent County Courts:
- Tenants must call The Salvation Army HAP line for screening: 616-454-5840 Option 1.
- The tenants will be screened for all available funding as it becomes available and referred out as needed.
- Landlords will be contacted regarding all tenants the potential qualify for the various funding available.
- Basic Tenant Eligibly criteria:
- Call Salvation Army at 616-454-5840 Option 1
- Rent must fall within funding guidelines of 150% of FMR.
- Tenant must participate in intake process with case workers in a timely manner.
- Please refer to yesterday’s RPOA publication “How the Eviction Diversion Program Will Work” for the known details regarding the EDP and the court process.
- More clarification on the MSHDA funding is forthcoming*.
*Please be aware that courts and MSHDA are indicating that court summons and funding won’t be available until August. Landlords and tenants should be aware that the start date is still fluid but there are many other funding sources currently in place. Additional press releases are forthcoming on details.