New City of Grand Rapids Lead Free Advisory Committee
The City of Grand Rapids is forming a Lead Free Advisory Committee made up of city commissioners, several city staffers and approximately eight community stakeholders, including the Director of the RPOA, Clay Powell. The work of the committee will include:
- Reviewing statewide and county data, reports and communications.
- Assessing the strengths and gaps in the City’s current procedures, plans and programs and making recommendations for changes and/or enhancements.
- Identifying best practices that can be implemented by Grand Rapids.
- Providing strategic recommendations and clear action steps to enhance the City’s work in eliminating lead hazards in homes and neighborhoods.
- Examining state legislative interventions to support a lead free Grand Rapids.
Meetings will start sometime after July.