Where Real Estate Investors & Landlords Find Success

EP351 When Disaster Strikes, Who Should You Call Before You Call Your Insurance Agent? With Jack Hanks

Let’s say you own an apartment building and there’s a fire that destroys one of the units. Or maybe a tornado rips through your community and demolishes an entire building. What if there’s an earthquake and your entire property falls into a crevasse?

Extreme examples, I know. And isn’t insurance supposed to cover those costs anyway?

Yes, but that’s when your problems really begin. Working with an insurance company to cover the costs they’re supposed to can be a tricky business. That’s why you might consider hiring an insurance adjuster who can get you through the process smoothly.

Jack Hanks was awarded “Public Adjustor of the Year” for 2022, so he’s the perfect person to fill us in on what an adjuster is, why they’re necessary, and how you can benefit from their services.

We’re also going to discuss the mistakes Jack sees owners making when choosing their insurance, the difference between actual cash value and replacement value insurance, and why we all need to check our insurance policies now to make sure we have proper coverage.

I know you’re going to get a lot of great advice from this episode. You can contact Jack via email or his website:



Today’s episode is brought to you by Green Property Management, managing everything from single family homes to apartment complexes in the West Michigan area.


And RCB & Associates, helping Michigan-based real estate investors and small business owners navigate the complex world of health insurance and Medicare benefits.


Listen to Podcast