RPOA Standards of Excellence
The RPOA is committed to helping its members achieve a high level of performance. To assist in that endeavor, the RPOA has created Standards of Excellence for all rental property owners and real estate investors to aspire to.
Approved February 10, 2015
- Communicate honestly and truthfully in all of your real estate transactions and advertising.
- Recognize the financial value tenants bring to your business and treat them accordingly.
- Maintain positive and open lines of communication with tenants, neighborhoods, and municipal staff.
- Communicate to tenants the importance of their responsibility to the property and the community.
- Engage in community and neighborhood activities where your real estate investment activity occurs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and competency in your field of practice.
- Promote quality workmanship and obtain proper training and licensing where necessary and/or use quality licensed contractors and vendors where appropriate.
- Utilize competent professionals where needed to strengthen your business.
- Do not exaggerate, misrepresent, and/or conceal pertinent facts.
- Do not mislead others by giving advice in areas where you are not properly licensed and/or experienced.
- Put procedures, policies, negotiations, agreements and contracts in writing.
- Honor promises and guarantees made per contractual obligations.
- Learn and proactively follow rules, regulations, property maintenance ordinances, and other laws as they pertain to real estate investment and property management.
- Do not engage in unlawful activity or knowingly encourage, aid or abet criminal activity.
- Give equal professional service to all clients and customers irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin or any of the protected classes under federal, state or local law.
- Avoid code violations, but, if they occur, address them in timely, reasonable and responsible way.