Landlord Crime Prevention Certification Program
The RPOA is developing a new Landlord Crime Prevention Certification Program in partnership with the City of Grand Rapids Police Department and local neighborhood associations. The program is expected to begin in the fall of 2014.
Landlords participating in the program will learn:
- Why landlords should engage in crime prevention and what is in it for them.
- Preparation and maintenance of rental properties to prevent crime.
- Screening prospective tenants for criminals.
- Effective property management techniques related to preventing crime.
- How to work with law enforcement.
- Partnering with local neighborhood associations to prevent crime.
- Eviction process for criminal activity.